Friday, June 17, 2016

Time to Reflect

I showed up at my parent's house a little over week ago, and left Europe a few days before that. In this time, I have had time to process what I experienced in Germany and the Czech Republic. Trying to explain what I have been thinking and feeling about this trip has been difficult, more so than I expected. Friends and family approach me with questions about the trip, and it's hard to begin. It has to be disappointing for them, as it is for myself, when I have trouble explaining what I have been doing for the last few week. Of course there is so much to say, and that's just it. But I have specific things that I want to say which are hard to being up in conversation, so perhaps writing will be a better way of sharing my thoughts.

I don't want to share about the food, art, architecture and the physical surroundings I have been in. That's what my photos are for, or ideally you should just go yourself. It was great, really. I'll add some photos into this post for you anyways, maybe you'll keep reading.







Something that has stuck with me has been quite outside what has been advertised about this trip. The people I have met during the trip have been inspired me to do much more with myself in the near and distant future. I have met many people in my travels who are doing more than I thought myself capable of. It is because of these people, I have found myself at a new job this summer that I enjoy much more than the job I had been working, with plans to move down to Ann Arbor this summer, rather than merely sticking with comfort with my family. I have things and projects in my mind that I have been working on that I never thought I would do. Of course, I was inspired by this program and its creative direction, but these people who are leading by example, have been essential to my understanding of this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment