Friday, May 13, 2016

Sculpture Museum

It has been an eventful week for me. Not leaving the state of Michigan for more than 2 years and then taking my first trip on a plane, and first time out of the country. I thought, at first, everything would be the same except for the language obviously. But when I got here I learned it differs so much from the States. As soon as we were landing I saw meadows and fields of flowers. In contrast to the gross city concrete in Grand Rapids. But as far as experiences on the 7th we made a trip to gliboteck museum where there are tons of statues. It was unreal. We first made our way through the museum, spending an hour or so admiring the extremely old art. What really made us appreciate the museum even more is that we went outside after, on a perfect day, and designed our own little sculpture heads. Made us understand the extreme skill and difficulty of sculpting. Everything has been absolutely unreal for me, this place, our instructors, this group. Can't wait to see what else Germany has in store for my first international trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment